Day 28 Visual Arts
From sculptures to paintings to photo exhibits, even down to the graffiti on the walls, life is expressed through art. In every Hungarian city and town, no matter how small, there will be a large variety of statues reflecting their history. Both the triumphs and tragedies are on display. Art is one place where the typically reserved Hungarian can express his innermost feelings.
And let every skillful man among you come, and make all that the Lord has commanded. Exodus 35:10
Pray that the visual arts can be used to communicate God's great love for the Hungarian people.
May 28 Prayer Requests from Operation World
in conjunction with the international world days of prayer for Hungary *
- Pray that the church will be a truly relevant witness as Hungarians search for life solutions amidst times of extreme change.
- Pray for the work of the Holy Spirit to bring repentance, reconciliation and renewal among and between all denominations, and of the nation to God.
- Pray that God will raise up many workers, as well as enthusiastic support for them from the national believers.
- Denominational leadership
- God will anoint and inspire those already in leadership.
- The church will mature in its giving so as to support more nationals involved in both local and foreign Christian work.
- Lay leadership will be trained and empowered to take on much of the overwhelming responsibility now on the pastors.
* Please see Operation World, 6th edition, page 304-307 for more information on Hungary and the full requests.
Western Hungary Team Contact the Budapest Team Eastern Hungary Team Copyright © 2004 Eastern Hungary Team, IMB