Day 29 Craftsmanship/Traditional Arts
The traditional crafts and handwork passed down from one generation to the next keep the people connected to their history. Each region has its own colors, designs and themes to illustrate their uniqueness and family heritage within the Hungarian culture. The embroidery, lace making, woodwork, pottery and traditional clothes make the statement, "this is who we are."
And I have filled him with the Spirit of God in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all kinds of craftsmanship, to make artistic designs...that they may make all that I have commanded you. Exodus 31:3, 4a, 6b
Pray that the creative arts can be used to lead people to the Creator.
May 29 Prayer Requests from Operation World
in conjunction with the international world days of prayer for Hungary *
- Youth Ministry
- Pray for good, high-quality teachers to teach the religious classes in the schools.
- Children and youth programs in the churches.
- Summer outreach programs.
- The less-reached ethnic groups
- Jews 80,000
- Roma (Gypsy) 380,000
- Refugees from Serbia 200,000
- Hungarians abroad 5,000,000
- Pray for sensitivity and a true servant attitude for outsiders seeking to help the Hungarian church.
- Other ministries
- Hungarian Bible Society - Distributing Bibles
- Christian literature publishers
- The Jesus film
- Christian Radio and TV - Several programs are now showing on the public stations, plus several organizations would like to establish a full-time Christian radio station in Budapest.
* Please see Operation World, 6th edition, page 304-307 for more information on Hungary and the full requests.
Western Hungary Team Contact the Budapest Team Eastern Hungary Team Copyright © 2004 Eastern Hungary Team, IMB